- This event has passed.
Cake Boi presents ‘Passion for Pastry’
You’ve seen him on Masterchef, you’ve marveled at his desserts, and now the Cake Boi himself is back to teach a ‘Passion for Pastry’ class at the Essential Ingredient Newcastle!
From 10:00am – 2:00pm on Saturday 3rd October, Reece Hignell himself is leading a cooking class in our kitchen where he will teach guests how to harness their passion for pastry with three iconic dishes.
- Apple Tart Tatin with Handmade Rough Puff Pastry
- Classic Quiche with Short Crust Pastry
- Reece’s Lemon Tart with Sweet Crust Pastry
A light lunch and a glass of wine will be included in the cost of the class. Guests will receive a 23cm tart tin to take home. Finally, to conclude this workshop we will host a brief Q&A with the MasterChef himself.
To avoid the online booking fee, or if you would like to redeem an Essential Ingredient Gift Card, please contact us directly and we enrol you into this class over the phone (on 02 4926 1991), or visit our Junction Fair store.
To Do List:
- Wear closed toe shoes (we love your toes where they are),
- Pull long hair back off your face (“waiter, there’s a hair in my soup”),
- Inform us of any dietary requirements prior to purchasing your ticket/s. Please also be aware that some requirements and/or allergies cannot be catered to – depending on the class.
- There are often leftovers at the end of each class so we ask that you bring Tupperware to put them in, as we will no longer be handing out plastic containers in our bid to save the environment
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. For a complete look at the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle, visit our website.
Before you attend a cooking class at the Essential Ingredient Newcastle it is important that each and every attendee become familiar with the precautionary measures we have adopted in light of COVID-19. Please click on the following link to read our COVID-19 Hygiene and Safety Standards or call our store for more information.