- This event has passed.
Bread Making at Easter
Easter morning has always been my favourite for holiday breakfast, with fresh hot cross buns straight from the oven and a smear of Nutella…it doesn’t get much better.
Now there is a way to enjoy that warm hot cross bun feeling for days after Easter, with this Hot Cross Bun Loaf. Cut it any way you like and toast it up, or even eat it as is, with a dash of butter.
During this course, Jeffery Simonetta will share all his years of bread making knowledge with you. You will learn the art of working with yeast and create 3 very different bread styles that have great versatility so you can then go home and make your own creations!
This course covers:
Tools, weighing, mixing, rising, shaping, baking and eating!
Hot Cross Bun Loaf Jeffery’s recipe (as seen in picture) served with lashings of Pepe Saya Butter
Pane di Casa – Ciabatta to be eaten with cheese, olives and wine
Bread loaf sandwich loaf
Bread Rolls and variations (olives, sundried tomato, rosemary, Nutella)
All bread variants to be served with enough accompaniments to make you suitably full for lunch with glass of wine.
About The Chef
Jeffrey Vincent Simonetta is an Australian–Italian Chef who has worked under some of Australia’s most influential Chefs.
His family background, thick with Italian culture, influenced the way in which he sees cooking and produce. It taught him that; “To be Italian is to be passionate. It is to intimately taste wine, sauce, and ripe olives, as well as appreciating simplicity and nature, from the fragrance of the spring air, the skill of the sculptor, and the soul of the painter. It means to belong to a gene pool influenced by some of the most interesting cultures in history and translate those onto a plate”.
To do list!
– Wear closed toed shoes (no 6-inch heels ladies!)
– Please tie back long hair
– Arrive early as the class will start on time (there’s a lot to fit in!)
– Save the environment and bring a container in case of leftovers
We love Planet Earth
The Cooking School believes in recycling, reducing waste and reusing where possible. All food waste is collected by an organic recycling company that converts the waste into reusable energy.
St Margaret’s Car Park at 417-435 Bourke Street, Surry Hills is a great option for parking with 80 spaces available and a 5-minute walk from the Cooking School. Casual parking rates after 5pm are $4/hour.
- Cancellations are non-refundable.
- A change in personal circumstances does not entitle a ticket holder to return or exchange a ticket.
- All bookings are confirmed on receipt of full payment and if a seat is available.
- Reservations may be transferred to other classes with 30 days notice.
- If you are unable to attend a reserved booking, you are welcome to send someone else in your place.
- Reservations for classes and events close 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
- The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class. Every effort is made to contact and accommodate guests in the event of alterations or cancellations. If a class is cancelled or moved to a date and/or time you are unavailable, you are entitled to a full refund.
- Please inform staff of any dietary requirements whilst making a booking, we will attempt to accommodate you to the best of our abilities. Please contact us on 02 9555 8300.
Proudly sponsored by:
The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Surry Hills offers a variety of cooking classes hosted by dedicated local and international chefs in a relaxed and friendly environment.