Baking with Vegetables, Edible Flowers & Herbs – NEW DATE
Hayley’s mantra is to celebrate baking as it should be – soulful, earthy and seasonal. Here she will will encourage you into the garden to GYO (or not) before sharing her tips on harnessing the unique flavours of vegetables, herbs and edible flowers in cakes and other baked treats such as porcini caramel cake, a black forest cake made with a native hibiscus syrup, and a honey cake made with fennel and lemon myrtle.
This is a hands-on workshop & involves working in small groups to learn, cook & prepare dishes under the guidance of the chef/presenter. Lunch is provided.
Hayley McKee is a cookbook author and owner of Sticky Fingers Bakery. She is passionate about creating sweets that taste of nature, where the ingredients are familiar, the colouring is genuine, and the flavours are unmasked. Her unique custom cakes are made with Australian native ingredients, vegetables, homegrown herbs and edible flowers.
For more details please call (03) 9827 9047
1. Cancellations are not refundable.
2. Confirmed booking may be transferred to another class or another person if more than 7 days notice is given.
3. The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class without notice. In the event of a change, you will be contacted on the daytime phone number provided to us at time of booking.
4. We cannot accommodate dietary requirements in all cases. Please contact us
on 03 9827 9047 prior to booking.
5. All classes are designed for attendees 18+years.
6. Registration is required 30 minutes prior to commencement of class.