Aquafaba- Vegan Meringue, Mousse and Mayo
Learn to cook vegan food using aquafaba at this workshop in Sydney.
You’ve got to see it to believe it, but yes, the liquid from a can of chickpeas – also known as aquafaba – is amazing! You can whip it to “stiff-peaks” to make a miraculous egg-free meringue, use it in light and fluffy cakes and create creamy vegan mayo! The chickpea itself need not go to waste! Chickpea flour goes into deliciously versatile vegan quiches and faux tuna salad!
Join us for a 3-hour journey as Kate Jones (Sydney Vegan Market mover & shaker) takes you through the amazing things you can cook with the humble chickpea.
This class is perfect for beginners and home cooks who want to learn some vegan cooking basics.
On the menu
Aquafaba-based garlic aioli
Smashed herbed chickpea “tuna” salad
Mini quiches with besan (chickpea flour) batter, seasonal veg and caramelised onion
Unbelievably airy chocolate mousse
Introduction to the different uses of chickpeas including aquafaba (chickpea water) and chickpea flour
Step-by-step discussion of the recipes for the workshop
Demonstration and hands-on cooking (in small groups) to follow recipes
Please note: Street parking is very limited nearby. You might try St Margaret’s Car Park at 417-435 Bourke Street, Surry Hills. It is a 5-minute walk from the venue, with casual parking rates after 5pm at approx. $4/hour.
Please come prepared…
We’ve cut out disposable plastics, so please bring your own food containers to take any leftovers home
All participants must wear closed-in shoes
Aprons supplied, but dress appropriately for the kitchen, and tie back long hair
Arrive up to 15 minutes before the class start time
If the minimum number of participants is not reached, the course may be postponed or cancelled and a refund issued.
Please try to be punctual. Late arrivals can cause disruptions and delays for the other participants.
Avoid disappointment. Enrol early.
Please ensure that you have given a valid email and mobile number as all course changes will be communicated via sms or email.
- Cancellations are non-refundable.
- A change in personal circumstances does not entitle a ticket holder to return or exchange a ticket.
- All bookings are confirmed on receipt of full payment and if a seat is available.
- Reservations may be transferred to other classes with 30 days notice.
- If you are unable to attend a reserved booking, you are welcome to send someone else in your place.
- Reservations for classes and events close 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
- The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class. Every effort is made to contact and accommodate guests in the event of alterations or cancellations. If a class is cancelled or moved to a date and/or time you are unavailable, you are entitled to a full refund.
- Please inform staff of any dietary requirements whilst making a booking, we will attempt to accommodate you to the best of our abilities. Please contact us on 02 9555 8300.
Proudly sponsored by:
The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Surry Hills offers a variety of cooking classes hosted by dedicated local and international chefs in a relaxed and friendly environment.