Advanced Buttercream Artistry
This 5-hour course is for those who have already completed Babette Yu’s first Buttercream Artistry course or have previous experience in this area and are now wanting to take their skills to the next level.
The cakes will be coming in already prepared for this session, giving you time to really focus on getting the buttercream perfect and to practice the application of buttercream and piping. Leave with a stunning 6-inch tall cake to take home or straight on to a party!
Covered in this course
• Making buttercream as a small group
• How to build a cake base
• How to layer the cake base
• How to smooth the cake base and edge
• Advanced cake decoration design theory
• Hands-on intricate flowers piping
• Advanced flower arrangement on 6 inches cake
Lunch and refreshments included in the ticket price
Please note that the images used are Babette’s own work and gives you an idea of what you will be able to create at the end of this course!
To do list!
– Wear closed toed shoes (no 6-inch heels ladies!)
– Please tie back long hair
– Arrive early as the class will start on time (there’s a lot to fit in!)
– Save the environment and bring a container in case of leftovers
We love Planet Earth
The Cooking School believes in recycling, reducing waste and reusing where possible. All food waste is collected by an organic recycling company that converts the waste into reusable energy.
St Margaret’s Car Park at 417-435 Bourke Street, Surry Hills is a great option for parking with 80 spaces available and a 5-minute walk from the Cooking School. Casual parking rates after 5pm are $4/hour.
- Cancellations are non-refundable.
- A change in personal circumstances does not entitle a ticket holder to return or exchange a ticket.
- All bookings are confirmed on receipt of full payment and if a seat is available.
- Reservations may be transferred to other classes with 30 days notice.
- If you are unable to attend a reserved booking, you are welcome to send someone else in your place.
- Reservations for classes and events close 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
- The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class. Every effort is made to contact and accommodate guests in the event of alterations or cancellations. If a class is cancelled or moved to a date and/or time you are unavailable, you are entitled to a full refund.
- Please inform staff of any dietary requirements whilst making a booking, we will attempt to accommodate you to the best of our abilities. Please contact us on 02 9555 8300.
Proudly sponsored by:
The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Surry Hills offers a variety of cooking classes hosted by dedicated local and international chefs in a relaxed and friendly environment.