- This event has passed.
A Very Vegan Christmas
Gather your fam this festive season to enjoy a plant-based feast – with all the trimmings. It’s “no vegan left behind” as we show you how to pile your table high with everything from the party starters, through the roast to the pudding, and some nibbles in between.
On the menu…
Welcome drink sparkling wine or sparkling water with homemade cherry syrup
Blinis with aquafaba mayonnaise and carrot “lox” or lentil “caviar”
Vegan roast Wellington with gravy and hasselback potatoes
Peach & Tomato salad with vegan mozzarella and basil
Chocolate Mousse with seasonal cherries / berries
Introduction to some of the methods and substitutes used in vegan cooking
Step-by-step discussion of the recipes for the workshop
Demonstration and hands-on cooking (in groups) to follow recipes
Please note: Street parking is very limited nearby. You might try St Margaret’s Car Park at 417-435 Bourke Street, Surry Hills. It is a 5-minute walk from the venue, with casual parking rates after 5pm at approx. $4/hour.
Please come prepared…
We’ve cut out disposable plastics, so please bring your own food containers to take any leftovers home
All participants must wear closed-in shoes
Aprons supplied, but dress appropriately for the kitchen, and tie back long hair
Arrive up to 15 minutes before the class start time
If the minimum number of participants is not reached, the course may be postponed or cancelled and a refund issued.
Please try to be punctual. Late arrivals can cause disruptions and delays for the other participants.
Avoid disappointment. Enrol early.
Please ensure that you have given a valid email and mobile number as all course changes will be communicated via SMS or email.
- Cancellations are non-refundable.
- A change in personal circumstances does not entitle a ticket holder to return or exchange a ticket.
- All bookings are confirmed on receipt of full payment and if a seat is available.
- Reservations may be transferred to other classes with 30 days notice.
- If you are unable to attend a reserved booking, you are welcome to send someone else in your place.
- Reservations for classes and events close 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
- The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class. Every effort is made to contact and accommodate guests in the event of alterations or cancellations. If a class is cancelled or moved to a date and/or time you are unavailable, you are entitled to a full refund.
- Please inform staff of any dietary requirements whilst making a booking, we will attempt to accommodate you to the best of our abilities. Please contact us on 02 9555 8300.
Proudly sponsored by:
The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Surry Hills offers a variety of cooking classes hosted by dedicated local and international chefs in a relaxed and friendly environment.