The Essential Ingredient Extra Virgin Olive Oil Single Estate, Single Varietal Leccino is now available.
Every year, we ask for the best single varietal or blend for The Essential Ingredient Extra Virgin Olive Oil to provide balance between rich flavour and aroma, and ultimate versatility.
2017 was a great year for Leccino and as such we have selected this single varietal olive oil from a single estate in the Murray Valley.
This oil has a pronounced pepper finish, with clean olive character and some cinnamon tones.
It is fresh and vibrant with grassy notes, well pressed with low acid, herbal with hint of banana and well balanced.
Extra virgin olive oil is essential for every kitchen. It is great for cooking, dressing a salad, marinating meat, drizzling over pasta and more and as such we take great care to select it well.
This is a finishing oil and is perfect for salad dressings, drizzled over barbecued fish or vegetables, or you could try one of these simple serving suggestions:
– Crusty sourdough bread with Leccino olive oil and balsamic vinegar
– Burrata cheese with The Essential Ingredient Caper Powder and olive oil
– Kingfish crudo with The Essential Ingredient Pink Peppercorns, lemon juice and olive oil
– Carpaccio of beef with The Essential Ingredient Truffle Salt and olive oil
– Spaghetti with garlic, olive oil and fresh or dried chilli (spaghetti aglio, olio e pepperoncino)
– Risotto with bottarga and lemon
As with all premium quality extra virgin olive oils, take care to store in a cool, dark and dry place in order to preserve its character.