The Essential Ingredient is a food and kitchenware franchise based in The Junction. We have been operating since 2005, and we supply food to some of Newcastle’s best restaurants. We also have a busy retail business, an inhouse deli, and cooking school.
At the Essential Ingredient we pride ourselves on customer service and quality products. We also pride ourselves in being a very pleasurable work environment. In every action, transaction and interaction we focus on ‘inspiring better cooking”.
About The Opportunity
We need someone with retail passion to join our team. Someone with a genuine love of quality food, and an ability to juggle great customer service while unpacking stock, answering the phone and creating amazing visual merchandising stories. Someone who has the ability to listen to customers and help find solutions within our business (ie sell things). Working days will be busy and we need someone who will add value to our business by:
- Providing excellent customer service
- Helping to inspire our customers through interactive discussion and support
- Replenishing stock and creating displays that reflect our trends and current promotions
- Leveraging our fixtures and jumping up and down on ladders to ensure the store looks full without being overcrowded
- Helping to creating an environment that tells a strong story, makes the customers feel welcome and increases sales
What we will love about you:
- First and foremost, we’ll notice your commitment, drive, energy and determination to create the ultimate customer experience. You will be able to demonstrate your extensive sales experience and will have a history of excellent work performance.
- The second thing we’ll notice about you is that you’re just as happy flying solo and getting on with the role as well as your outstanding ability to work as part of a team.
- The third thing we’ll notice is that you think about food all day long. You’ll talk about food and cooking techniques until ‘normal’ people’s eyes roll back and they start snoring. But you will know you’ve found kindred spirits in us.
- You’ll be able to collaborate, ask for feedback and apply it effortlessly. You won’t be afraid to try something new, assist and support other staff members and you will be flexible with tasks and won’t be territorial over your work area.
- Finally, you’ll respect the hard work that has gone into creating our store and you will support the style guides and standards and know how to bring your creative flair within those parameters.
What You’ll Love about us:
- Ability to talk about food all day long
- Everchanging and new products; there’s never a moment to get bored
- Great training and coaching to get you up and running
- Quality products that you feel confident to sell
- Daytime shifts, including weekends and the encouragement to have work life balance – and occasional evenings for VIP events
- Great store discounts and an awesome team
What You Need To Bring To The Table
- Your previous experience in a high-quality retail environment
- Your previous experience in visual merchandising
- Your awesome attitude to do what it takes to make things happen
- Sound knowledge and understanding of food, equipment and cooking techniques
- Physically fit and not afraid to stand all day
- Ability to focus on the job while multitasking and keeping a sense of humour
- Current valid driver’s license
- Willingness and ability to work a 7-day roster
- An ability to work during lockdown periods. As an essential service, we are open during Covid19 lockdowns. The ability to work at least part of your roster is required
If you are genuinely interested in this position please place “Strainer” somewhere in the body of your application. Trust us, we’ll sift through to find it.
Please send a letter of introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why we’d ‘butter believe’ you’re the one!