Dried mushrooms are an essential ingredient in any kitchen. Luxurious and convenient, our dried mushrooms can transform any meal into a feast.
With flavour bombs like the pungent shiitake and meaty porcini, the highly prized earthy and fragrant morel and the rich and nutty chanterelle, our mushrooms can be used in a myriad of ways.
They will work their magic in sauces, risottos and braises, in rich ragouts and nourishing broths, and even in salads and stir fries.
Suitable for many cuisines, our range of dried mushrooms is a must!
Some of our favourite uses for dried mushrooms:
- This simple salad of morels, peas, pea shoots, mint and goat cheese seasoned and dressed simply with lemon and olive oil is sensational.
- The clear bronze soaking liquor can be used for a bright, rich, satisfying soup or in a risotto with taleggio and thyme.
- How about a hawker style braised pork dish with star anise, soy and shiitake?
- For a wonderful wild mushroom bruschetta, gently fry soaked dried mushrooms in a pan with butter, garlic and thyme, season and spoon onto toasted, garlic-rubbed, oil-soaked sourdough and top with savings of parmigiano reggiano or serve the mushroom mix with fresh pappardelle for a perfect plate of pasta.
- Or mix powdered porcini with butter and serve with your favourite steak or on a piece of toast under scrambled eggs!