This recipe, by Masterchef Top 5 finalist Alvin Quah, from his recent Essential Ingredient Cooking School (Rozelle) class, includes ‘minced black pig’. Black pig, also known as ‘heritage’ breeds, is a more densely marbled pork with a richer flavour. It is most commonly available directly from the producers, but try asking your local butcher. If you have no luck, substitute regular minced pork (though the flavour won’t be as complex).
- Our solid, hand forged kitchen garden tools & trays as featured in Gourmet Traveller's Christmas & 50th Anniversary… https://t.co/nDUJrxSfOb
- Foster, sow, and cultivate your culinary needs with The Essential Ingredient's range of hand… https://t.co/gidihkTGzP
- Don't miss your chance to WIN a copy of @luke_nguyen inspiring ode to Vietnamese cooking, Street… https://t.co/QskIVD7nlY
- Be inspired by @goodfoodAU food lovers' Christmas guide,starring our award-winning spice grinders & Papier d'Armenie https://t.co/DCWOEkMoWO
- COMPETITION 📚 The Essential Ingredient in conjunction with @HardieGrant is proud to give away 3… https://t.co/nGPbWVsZl0