Monday-Wednesday & Friday: 9am – 5:30pm
Thursday: 9am – 7pm
Saturday: 9am – 3pm
Closed Public Holidays
The Essential Ingredient Albury: the home of all things food since 2004.
The doors first opened to The Essential Ingredient Albury in 2004 and since then the store has become known for its wide range of commercial quality cookware, quality local and international foods and culinary books. The enthusiasm of food lovers, both home cooks and professional chefs alike, has helped to shape the store into what it has become today: an inspiring place for people who love to cook.
We stock some of the best known and most respected brands from Australia and around the world, building long lasting relationships with suppliers of the best quality products and sourcing the most exciting emerging products. Our customers can be sure we are recommending the things we use and love in our own homes.
In addition to quality food, commercial grade cookware and culinary books, The Essential Ingredient Albury is now supplying some of the region’s best restaurants with quality food, cookware, tableware and glassware.
With an abundance of fantastic local produce in the area, The Essential Ingredient Albury is dedicated to sourcing quality local producers. We proudly offer:
- Andrew Cope Pottery – Byawatha
- Blessed Bean Coffee – Wagga Wagga
- Table Top Garden jams and preserves – Albury
- Cheznut Sweetened Puree, flour and vacuum packed chestnuts – Eurobin
- McGraths Fine Food Dressings – Albury
- Maison Renoux Apple Cider vinegar – Stanley
- Wolloundry Grove Olives – Wagga Wagga
- TKEL custom butcher’s blocks & chopping boards – Tallanndoon
- Bicycle Baker sourdough – Albury
- Wangandary Olive Oil – Wangaratta
Knife sharpening: Drop your knives off to be professionally sharpened. This takes place every 6 weeks. Please contact the store for the next date.
Barry and Carol Young – Owners Since 2016